Sunday, December 07, 2003

Remember Junior High?...

You know. The hormones are starting to kick-in. Your body is elongating by the hour. What's more, remember how the boys fertilized their speech with profanity to supposedly prove they were serious? (nowadays, unfortunately, the girls are just as guilty of this) Somebody tell John Kerry he's not in Junior High any more. In, Kerry's Profanity Gets Bush's Attention, off Yahoo! News, we see a Democratic Presidential candidate contender get down and dirty. "John Kerry used profane language to assess President Bush's Iraq policy... When asked... about the success of rival candidate Howard Dean, whose anti-war message has resounded with supporters, Kerry responded: "When I voted for the war, I voted for what I thought was best for the country. Did I expect Howard Dean to go off to the left and say, `I'm against everything?' Sure. Did I expect George Bush to f--- it up as badly as he did? I don't think anybody did."" (emphasis added) Am I surprised that Kerry uses such language? No. That's not the point. Am I shocked? No. That's not the point either. So... what's the big deal? The big deal is that Kerry is supposed to be marketing himself for the job of POTUS. Sounding off like that in an interview for Rolling Stone, of all things, shows an incredible lack of self-discipline. On a positive note: It's kind of fun to see him in such a desperate state.

No comments: