Monday, January 26, 2004

Feelings, Nothing More Than...

From the Washington Post, School Honor Rolls Under Privacy Scrutiny, NASHVILLE, Tenn. - The school honor roll, a time-honored system for rewarding A-students, has become an apparent source of embarrassment for some underachievers... After a few parents complained their children might be ridiculed for not making the list, Nashville school system lawyers warned that state privacy laws forbid releasing any academic information, good or bad, without permission. So if I understand this correctly, we can't honor those who have worked hard for their achievments for fear of hurting the feelings of those who haven't? I guess I shouldn't really be so surprised at all the flak I took back on my PoMo posts for hurting someone else's feelings...

No comments: