Thursday, March 25, 2004

Two new links...

I've written about my disagreement with some of the tenets of PoMo Christianity on several occasions. I still consider it to essentially be a passing fad that is associated with a bankrupt and terminally ill secular philosophy. Yet there are Christian brothers and sisters within this movement and, as such, I have linked to two of their sites for your reference and education. Dave runs Welcome to the Planet and sips a strong brew of coffee (I think). From what I gather, the Emergent Village is sort of the base of operations for the Emergent movement (oops, they like to be called a friendship). Part of their mission statement:
Many thoughtful Christians agree: modernity is passing and a new postmodern world is emerging. This transition calls for innovative Christian leaders from all streams of the Christian faith around the world to collaborate in the development of new ways of being Christians … new ways of doing theology* and living biblically, new understandings of mission, new kinds of faith communities, new approaches to worship and service, new integrations and conversations and convergences and dreams.
I'm still searching for what that asterisk means.

No comments: