Saturday, October 15, 2005

GodBlogCon '05...

I've been attending the GodBlogCon at Biola University. It has been simply wonderful to meet many people I've previously only communicated with over the web. While many bloggers are live-blogging the event I, without a laptop or wi-fi, am left to post during the few minutes I'm home at the beginning or end of the day. Hugh Hewitt broadcast his Friday show from Biola and interviewed several of the headline bloggers from the event. It's too bad that Hugh seemed to spend more time with the poli-bloggers than with the theological / culture bloggers... but that's Hugh (I guess). As Hugh's event was winding down several bloggers got together to chat in the Library patio. Initially it was a small group of four or five bloggers, but grew as people wandered by. Eventually Dr. John Mark Reynolds came and joined us, sitting down right next to me. Not being a particularly gifted speaker I was a bit intimidated by his presence, a feeling which he compounded when he turned to me and asked, "So, what profound thing do you have to say?" After a few moments of awkward mumbling I then ask him a question about homeschooling. All kidding aside, it was a very enjoyable roundtable discussion. Mike' Noise caught a picture of the event. Bonnie is the lady in the red top, I'm sitting to her right, and John Mark Reynolds is to my right. Okay John Mark!... here's my belated profound statement: "I'm so glad we're all here, together again for the first time."

2 comments:

Phil Steiger said...

Sigh-wishing I could be a part of something like this...

Christinewjc said...

Heh heh heh...

Loved your post! Your encounter with John Mark Reynolds was just priceless...

Since I don't own a laptop (but the three other people in my family do...what's up with that?) I ventured into the library a few times to read and post. Even if I did have a laptop, I don't think that I would have typed and listened at the same time. I'm now relying on the conference organizers to include all of the breakout sessions, plenaries and, of course, the Hewitt panel on Cd's.