Thursday, January 08, 2004

Apologies to Iphy...

Apparently Iphy, from the em-church or related site I referred to below found my post "Would you like a little cheese?". She was not pleased with what she read, which is to be expected; yet she was hurt from what she read, uh... not to be expected. Iphy, I meant no personal attack in what I wrote. If you feel personally offended by what I wrote then I apologize. My comments were meant to address the phenomenon, idea, philosophy, trend, fad, or whatever you want to label as... POST-MODERNITY (and how it relates to emergent church christianity). You stated that "there are quite a few people who don't like me so much." Well Iphy, I'm not one of them. I don't even know you, so how can I not like you? Let me reiterate... that post I wrote was not about you - it was about the worldview I saw in the comments you and others wrote on your page. I pray that God allows strong, mature Christians to come into your life not to simply provide relational comfort, but to build you up with exhortation and discipleship.

No comments: